9.04.2009

The Gift of Days

MK and Cousin G

Everyone checking out the island campsite

Cousin G and JB

Last Thursday I flew "home" for a three-day weekend packed with festivities and preparations for my brother's wedding in October. I knew in advance that my trip promised to be non-stop and I'd be on my way home before I even had the chance to fully appreciate it.

What I didn't know was that I would spend the weekend fully aware of God's grace.

The kids and my mother-in-law, K, were in an accident last Friday while I was I busy getting ready for a bridal shower and G {the hubby} was hard at work. Amazingly, the kids came away with hardly a scratch and K with just a few bumps and bruises.

If you saw our car now, you'd never believe that last sentence. As JB said, "God cares.".

We had more than our share of miracles, a few of which came in the form of earthly angels. Including some of the first responders to the scene; a nurse and the chaplain from the local fire department and eventually, the EMTs and other emergeny personnel. All whom comforted, cleaned and cared for my kids {and K} while I was thousands of miles away.

We have all been given the gift of days and I've never been more grateful. They may be young, but I believe the kids know this, too. I received pictures in my inbox this morning that were proof of this. They were of the weekend I missed -- the kids clearly past their ordeal and enjoying their gift of days by the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment